Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Grammar Game 2

Chained Sentences with "if"

This game needs students understanding about Conditional Sentence in any type, I, II, or III. It can be performed writtenly or orally.

Purposes:
- To enrich students understanding about Conditional Sentences.
- To motivate students express their ability in making sentences.

Level:
Intermediate to advance

Preparation:
-

How to play:
- Give students a conditional sentence as a starter. It can be written on the board, or spoken orally.
For instance:
"If I were a president, I would build a dam"

- Ask one of students continue that sentence, started with
"If I built a dam, (SUBJECT) would (VERB) ..........."

- Then, ask another student to continue, with
"If (SUBJECT) (VERB II) , .........................................."

Remember that sentence with "if" is converted from the former sentence of condition.

Example results:

If I were a president, I would build a dam.
If I built a dam, all people would help me.
If all people helped me, I could take a rest.
If I took a rest, I would eat a lot of bananas.
If I ate a lot of bananas, my stomach would be sick.
If my stomach were sick, ...........................................

Students who can not make a new sentence will be punished: singing, dancing, etc, to make this game more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment